You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to block my name from caller ID

How to block my name from someone’s caller ID using my iPhone 8

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 10:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 11:07 AM

kathywithaquestion wrote:

Your name is not sent to the recipient from your iPhone, and your iPhone also does not send its number. The carrier sends that.

(There are carriers which allow spoofing this data, which makes spoofed-number-calling phone spam a problem for all of us.)

The recipient’s carrier will get that name information from your account data at your carrier routed via their carrier, or the recipient will get that name from their own local contacts listing, if you are sending your Caller ID number.

If you want to disable sending the Caller ID number, details on how to do that can vary by carrier…

For AT&T: https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-voice/KM1010599//

Check with your carrier for details.

You can block all sending the caller ID number with the iPhone setting discussed above for all recipients.

You can usually embed the carrier codes to block sending for specific recipients, which makes this a little less error prone, particularly if you add that code into your contacts for the recipient…

If the sending Caller ID is blocked, the call recipient will get an indication that the calling number data is blocked or not available, and they can accept or reject the call based on that.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2022 11:07 AM in response to kathywithaquestion

kathywithaquestion wrote:

Your name is not sent to the recipient from your iPhone, and your iPhone also does not send its number. The carrier sends that.

(There are carriers which allow spoofing this data, which makes spoofed-number-calling phone spam a problem for all of us.)

The recipient’s carrier will get that name information from your account data at your carrier routed via their carrier, or the recipient will get that name from their own local contacts listing, if you are sending your Caller ID number.

If you want to disable sending the Caller ID number, details on how to do that can vary by carrier…

For AT&T: https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-voice/KM1010599//

Check with your carrier for details.

You can block all sending the caller ID number with the iPhone setting discussed above for all recipients.

You can usually embed the carrier codes to block sending for specific recipients, which makes this a little less error prone, particularly if you add that code into your contacts for the recipient…

If the sending Caller ID is blocked, the call recipient will get an indication that the calling number data is blocked or not available, and they can accept or reject the call based on that.

How to block my name from caller ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.