You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 battery maximum capacity and health

Hi

I have a MacBook Air M1 year 2020, and it has the following information under the battery health.

Cycle Count: 94

Condition: Normal

Maximum Capacity: 88%

I think I have very less cycle counts for its age but the Maximum Capacity seems suspicious.

Apple says the battery to reach its maximum capacity of 80% when the cycle count is 1000.

But at this rate, it is way faster than suggested.

Do you think that I have to worry about this and what is the warranty status on this?

Please advice,

Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 1:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 1:57 AM

As stated above, this is a possibility with rechargeable batteries. They don't age in a linear fashion, so the behavior you described is perfectly normal.

If it continues to age this quickly, and drops below 80%, you should contact Apple and get it serviced.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 22, 2022 1:44 AM in response to nuwaus

Rechargeable batteries, like all consumables, deteriorate as they age. However, this is very rarely liner- batteries generally lose capacity in an erratic way. As such, it might dip, then stay at that level for a long time, or it might slowly drop down over a period of time.

Regarding your warranty, battery replacement is free if under the AppleCare 1 year warranty (which this device is not) or under the AppleCare+ extended warranty (which this device may be). Out of warranty, it's $129 USD. At any rate, Apple will only replace it when the capacity drops below 80%.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Mac Battery Service - Official Apple Support

MacBook Air M1 battery maximum capacity and health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.