You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not working after IPAD rest.

I just factory rest my IPAD Air 1. All seems to be well except that my mail app no longer has any previous emails in it and does not receive emails. I can sent emails from it and they get to their destination. I've checked the Fetch notifications etc but it still doesn't work. Should I simply delete the app and reinstall?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 2:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 2:44 AM

Hello brendanxx,

Resetting your iPad removed your previously connected email accounts. Those are not saved to iCloud (which is a pretty common misconception). You'll need to add the account back to Mail in order to view/send/receive emails.

The instructions in this Support Article will help resolve your issue:

-> Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2022 2:44 AM in response to brendanxx

Hello brendanxx,

Resetting your iPad removed your previously connected email accounts. Those are not saved to iCloud (which is a pretty common misconception). You'll need to add the account back to Mail in order to view/send/receive emails.

The instructions in this Support Article will help resolve your issue:

-> Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Mail not working after IPAD rest.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.