You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Mail is not recognizing Gmail password--how to fix?

I have several gmail accounts. One of them is not being recognized by Mail-- I've confirmed via logging onto gmail that I have the correct password is (and the account works on other devices).

Mac mini, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 11:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 11:09 AM

BeeTee2 wrote:

Thank you. Is there an alternative? I need to preserve the emails in that account, and options to delete it seem to promise deleting those files across all of my devices.

Note—

• IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync
  • POP account downloads and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them to "On My Mac."
  • "On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2022 11:09 AM in response to BeeTee2

BeeTee2 wrote:

Thank you. Is there an alternative? I need to preserve the emails in that account, and options to delete it seem to promise deleting those files across all of my devices.

Note—

• IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync
  • POP account downloads and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them to "On My Mac."
  • "On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

MacOS Mail is not recognizing Gmail password--how to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.