You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Driver for Canon printer TS3420

I'm unable to install my Canon printer TS3420 on my Macbook ... OS 10.13.6 High Sierra.

I think I need a driver, but it's not a preloaded option on my MacBook.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 1:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 2:30 PM

Hi,

You should not need drivers with this Canon TS3420 listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

The following guide from Canon Europe (for similar models) could possibly be of some interest as well.

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If necessary, the AirPrint capabilities can be tested with an iPhone or iPad.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If there is a problem with AirPrint, and if all settings are correct, you may want to try the following full procedure (in the exact order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2022 2:30 PM in response to gdiddy789

Hi,

You should not need drivers with this Canon TS3420 listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

The following guide from Canon Europe (for similar models) could possibly be of some interest as well.

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If necessary, the AirPrint capabilities can be tested with an iPhone or iPad.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If there is a problem with AirPrint, and if all settings are correct, you may want to try the following full procedure (in the exact order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Driver for Canon printer TS3420

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.