You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

old ipad destroyed and I want to back up however if I turn of find my ipad do i destroy my back up dtat

ld ipad destroyed and I want to back up however if I turn of find my ipad do i destroy my back up back up data to restore

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 9:26 PM

3 replies

Jul 26, 2022 9:49 AM in response to napgar

Destroyed - or damaged but running?

Unless you are able to successfully input your Passcode, you’ll not be able to access or backup any data from the iPad. If the iPad is running and you are able to input your Passcode, then backup remains technically possible. Generally you should create your device backup before disaster strikes - as retrospective attempts are perhaps very unlikely to be successful.

As to your supplementary question… disabling Find My on your iPad will not erase an existing iCloud backup - and neither will it inhibit creation or update of an existing backup subject to the provisions outlined above.

old ipad destroyed and I want to back up however if I turn of find my ipad do i destroy my back up dtat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.