You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do if you have accidentally clicked a phishing link on your iPhone?

I accidentally clicked a link in a Phishing message. But not sure what to do about it now. Most articles online suggest running an antivirus/anti malware. But there are no guides available for iPhone users. At least i couldnt find any

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 12:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 12:47 AM

Neither viruses nor malware can affect an iPhone, unless it has been jailbroken.

That said, I suggest that, for your peace of mind, you change your Apple ID pasword, using these instructions:--> Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support, and your email password(s).

Also, I would clear your Safari history & cookies:--> Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

When done, restart your iPhone.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2022 12:47 AM in response to maryam1012

Neither viruses nor malware can affect an iPhone, unless it has been jailbroken.

That said, I suggest that, for your peace of mind, you change your Apple ID pasword, using these instructions:--> Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support, and your email password(s).

Also, I would clear your Safari history & cookies:--> Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

When done, restart your iPhone.

Regards

Giulio

What to do if you have accidentally clicked a phishing link on your iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.