You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the 9th gen iPad only come with a USB-C connector?

How do I connect to my PC since my new iPad came with the c connector?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 11:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 11:45 AM

Your new iPad has a USB-C connector - and is supplied with both a USB-C Power Adapter and USB-C to USB-C cable.

The Lightning port has been superseded by the much more useful USB-C port, offering considerably more flexibility and connectivity.

If you need to connect your iPad to a PC or Mac that have the much older USB Type-A ports, you simply require a USB Type-A to USB-C cable. These are readily available from good computer stores - and Apple.

Here is just one example of a certified cable manufactured by Mophie - and marketed by Apple:

• mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m)

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/HN892ZM/A

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2022 11:45 AM in response to Booksz

Your new iPad has a USB-C connector - and is supplied with both a USB-C Power Adapter and USB-C to USB-C cable.

The Lightning port has been superseded by the much more useful USB-C port, offering considerably more flexibility and connectivity.

If you need to connect your iPad to a PC or Mac that have the much older USB Type-A ports, you simply require a USB Type-A to USB-C cable. These are readily available from good computer stores - and Apple.

Here is just one example of a certified cable manufactured by Mophie - and marketed by Apple:

• mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m)

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/HN892ZM/A

Does the 9th gen iPad only come with a USB-C connector?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.