You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Right click (two finger tap) on trackpad does not work as previously, instead it shows desktop.

Right after upgrading to Monterey 12.5, when I tap with two fingers on my trackpad, it shows desktop instead of functioning like a "regular" right click (e.g. bring up context menus etc.).

How can I restore the "regular" functionality of right clicking?

I can only do so now when I hit Ctrl+tap.

I have an M1 Macbook Pro (2020).

In my trackpad preferences I have selected "Secondary click"-> "Click or tap with two fingers".

I have also reset the mission control preferences.

Thanks in advance,

C.

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 5:35 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 27, 2022 2:11 AM in response to berberchristos

No worries about removing it. Over time it will be marked as Inactive until Apple does a cleanup of the Forums and then, maybe it will disappear.

Just to basically close this question to other paying much attention to the question - suggest you mark your Own answer above as " Resolved " This will give it a Green Badge to you reply. That usually will allow others to not spend too much time exploring the question.

Bye the Bye - good work on self troubling shooting and finding the solution 🇨🇦

Right click (two finger tap) on trackpad does not work as previously, instead it shows desktop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.