You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhoto app does not work any more what can I do my pictures are trapped in it

WHAT CAN I DO TO RECOVER MY PICTURES IN IPHOTO APP THAT I CANNOT OPEN , iPhoto will not work with Mac os Catalina 10.15.7 version does anyone know?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 1:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 2:42 AM

You can open the iPhoto Library in the Photos app. Photos is coming preinstalled in Catalina as a part of the system. Lauch Photos while holding down the options key, and when the dialog to select a library appears, select your iPhoto Library. By default your iPhoto Library should be in your Pictures folder. To get startet with Photos see Photos User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2022 2:42 AM in response to BILLHHGH

You can open the iPhoto Library in the Photos app. Photos is coming preinstalled in Catalina as a part of the system. Lauch Photos while holding down the options key, and when the dialog to select a library appears, select your iPhoto Library. By default your iPhoto Library should be in your Pictures folder. To get startet with Photos see Photos User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

my iPhoto app does not work any more what can I do my pictures are trapped in it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.