You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple deactivate an iPhone with a serial number?

I want to report my serial number to Apple so the phone becomes useless

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 3:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 3:07 PM

If you had Find My turned on in the phone before it was lost, it is already useless (if you don't respond to any scam messages that appear to be from Apple and divulge your Apple ID password). See: Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Apple doesn't take reports of stolen devices but you should report it to your wireless carrier. See the information in If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If you didn't have Find My turned on in the phone before it was stolen, see: If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2022 3:07 PM in response to Stolenphone13

If you had Find My turned on in the phone before it was lost, it is already useless (if you don't respond to any scam messages that appear to be from Apple and divulge your Apple ID password). See: Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Apple doesn't take reports of stolen devices but you should report it to your wireless carrier. See the information in If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If you didn't have Find My turned on in the phone before it was stolen, see: If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

Can Apple deactivate an iPhone with a serial number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.