You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No email sound notification after 15.6 update

I’ve checked all notifications settings, even did a device reset, still not getting email sound notification or Reminder notifications

iPad mini 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 6:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 9:31 AM

I’ve done all this and a complete reset, multiple times. Still not getting sound notifications on emails, notifications on Reminders, and unable to message anyone who is not Apple phone, even though the send and receive settings are set up on my phone and iPad correctly. What gives? This all started happening after the recent update to 15.6

This issue is not solved, don’t know why it is showing up as solved

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 28, 2022 9:31 AM in response to LotusPilot

I’ve done all this and a complete reset, multiple times. Still not getting sound notifications on emails, notifications on Reminders, and unable to message anyone who is not Apple phone, even though the send and receive settings are set up on my phone and iPad correctly. What gives? This all started happening after the recent update to 15.6

Jul 28, 2022 6:16 AM in response to laurene210

If Notifications are not behaving as expected for a particular notification category, disable (i.e., turn off) the Notification that is not working as expected - then exit settings entirely.

Next, force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After your iPad restarts, revisit iPad Settings - and again set the Notification settings as you would lime them to operate. 

The process of disabling and re-enabling the required Notification type, coupled with the restart, will hopefully clear the problem.

Jul 28, 2022 9:32 AM in response to LotusPilot

No email sound notification after 15.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.