You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music, when on shuffle, won’t play some songs!

I am having the exact same problem as below. I found this question that doesn't seem to have been adequately answered.

I'm pasting the link to the original discussion as well as copy/pasting the original question. This is a very frustrating issue. Please address.

Original link: Apple Music, when on shuffle, won’t play … - Apple Community

Original question:

hello,

when I put my Apple Music library on shuffle, it won’t play all my songs... it will go to the song, but not load then skip to the next song or a couple songs then eventually play a song! But if I go into the actual song through artist or album it will play normally.... I tried resetting my network settings, still doing it. Not sure why shuffle is broken and won’t play some songs like that... any help would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 10:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 5:27 PM

If the song plays when you double-click it, then the file is OK. Two possible reasons it gets skipped when shuffling:

• It has come unchecked. (If you can't see whether it is checked, set Music Preferences, General, "Show -- songs list checkboxes."
  • The song may be set for "skip when shuffling." You can see this by right-clicking the track, Get Info, Options tab.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 28, 2022 5:27 PM in response to Monkey_B

If the song plays when you double-click it, then the file is OK. Two possible reasons it gets skipped when shuffling:

• It has come unchecked. (If you can't see whether it is checked, set Music Preferences, General, "Show -- songs list checkboxes."
  • The song may be set for "skip when shuffling." You can see this by right-clicking the track, Get Info, Options tab.

Apple Music, when on shuffle, won’t play some songs!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.