You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iMac screen is too high for my neck disability. How to lower it?

I need to look at the screen about 4" lower than it sits on my desk...also so I can use a keyboard tray. Is there some way to lower the screen? A different kind of arm mount? I have to look straight at the screen...it hurts me to look up, having been rear-ended four times! Former Apple employee here. Have to find a way to make this work. What a beautiful display it has.

Thanks for any ideas.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 4:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 4:55 PM

Be aware that I have almost zero knowledge in this area but one possibility might be to exchange it for one with a VESA Mount Adapter. See the following Buy 24-inch iMac with Built-in VESA Mount Adapter - Apple

and this excerpt from that link:

VESA Mounting Options

Pair your iMac with your favorite VESA-compatible wall mount, desk mount, or articulating arm (all sold separately). A stand is not included, so a mount is required.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 28, 2022 4:55 PM in response to mzmiranda

Be aware that I have almost zero knowledge in this area but one possibility might be to exchange it for one with a VESA Mount Adapter. See the following Buy 24-inch iMac with Built-in VESA Mount Adapter - Apple

and this excerpt from that link:

VESA Mounting Options

Pair your iMac with your favorite VESA-compatible wall mount, desk mount, or articulating arm (all sold separately). A stand is not included, so a mount is required.

Jul 28, 2022 5:00 PM in response to mzmiranda

Hi, mzmiranda, you’d have to get some kind of VESA mount on your new iMac…or lower your desk in some way….as far as I know you have to order it with the VESA mount beforehand, as they are all built to order… i don’t know of any aftermarket VESA mounts for the M1 iMac… there’s a youtube video which might be helpful for you ?? ( see link) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-bdSpOs6Ew… it’s called the “mount-macM1” and Vivo makes it.. how well it works i can’t say, as i don’t have a new iMac

John B

My new iMac screen is too high for my neck disability. How to lower it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.