You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5 project playing faster in FCP

Hi everyone, I'm currently having an issue with my effects and transition projects being played too fast when importing them to FCP compared to the speed they were designed to be played at in Motion 5.

My workflow is in 60 fps so both in Motion and FCP projects will be set to that framerate, but for some unknown reason, the transitions and effects I import in FCP playback faster than in Motion by a factor of around 2.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 9:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 9:09 AM

If I understand correctly, what you are seeing is perfectly normal.

The speed of a template adjusts, depending of the duration you set in FCP.

For example, if your Motion project is two seconds, and you use it as one second in FCP, it will play twice as fast.

If you want a part of the effect to always play at the same speed, you need to set appropriate markers in Motion.

If you give a specific example we can guide you through the changes that you need to make in Motion.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2022 9:09 AM in response to felix_zip

If I understand correctly, what you are seeing is perfectly normal.

The speed of a template adjusts, depending of the duration you set in FCP.

For example, if your Motion project is two seconds, and you use it as one second in FCP, it will play twice as fast.

If you want a part of the effect to always play at the same speed, you need to set appropriate markers in Motion.

If you give a specific example we can guide you through the changes that you need to make in Motion.

Motion 5 project playing faster in FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.