You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Share WiFi password" keeps coming up for an old network

I'm at home with my phone and laptop connected to my home WiFi. Yet every time I try to do anything on my phone, I must first close a screen asking me if I'd like to share a WiFi password from an old network with my laptop. That WiFi is miles away. Nothing is connected to it. I've rebooted my phone.

I don't want to turn off the option to share a WiFi password, I just want that option to work correctly and maybe stop asking 37 straight times.

Thanks!

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 9:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 9:35 AM

If you don't need access to that old network, on your iPhone, open Settings > Wifi > See the little circle with an i in it and tap that circle. Then tap Forget Network. If you ever need to, you can rejoin the network anytime in the future.

4 replies

"Share WiFi password" keeps coming up for an old network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.