You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it safe for me to use a screen protector on my MacBook Air M1 2022?

I saw mixed reviews, but I am curious as my case I ordered came with a screen protector and I want to know if I can use it.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 1:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 1:46 PM

Hi,

I wouldn't use one. The tolerances are so tight that there isn't extra room to spare and any added pressure could lead to problems. I saw one thread with the M1 MBA about cracked screens with tens of thousands of views and thousands of "I have this question too;" I only read it for a few minutes, but people were stating they did nothing and their screens just cracked. I wouldn't want to give it any reason to crack.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2022 1:46 PM in response to somdan7

Hi,

I wouldn't use one. The tolerances are so tight that there isn't extra room to spare and any added pressure could lead to problems. I saw one thread with the M1 MBA about cracked screens with tens of thousands of views and thousands of "I have this question too;" I only read it for a few minutes, but people were stating they did nothing and their screens just cracked. I wouldn't want to give it any reason to crack.

Is it safe for me to use a screen protector on my MacBook Air M1 2022?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.