You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop Showing through documents

Greetings,

Having an issue where when I open a document or application on my desktop, I can see the desktop background through the actual application or document. Kind of weird. Mostly, I just move the document or application around on the desktop, open and close it, ect to be able to see the document or application as oppose to the desktop background showing through. This is happening on my imac I27-inch, late 2013) macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 10:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 11:05 PM

Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Accessibility, click Display, then click Display....

Option

Description:

Increase contrast

Increase the contrast of items on the screen (such as borders around buttons or boxes) without changing the contrast of the screen itself.

Reduce transparency

Replace the transparent effect used on some backgrounds in macOS with a darker background, to improve contrast and readability.

Display contrast

Drag the slider to increase or decrease the screen contrast.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2022 11:05 PM in response to Donshatheneurogirl

Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Accessibility, click Display, then click Display....

Option

Description:

Increase contrast

Increase the contrast of items on the screen (such as borders around buttons or boxes) without changing the contrast of the screen itself.

Reduce transparency

Replace the transparent effect used on some backgrounds in macOS with a darker background, to improve contrast and readability.

Display contrast

Drag the slider to increase or decrease the screen contrast.

Aug 17, 2022 6:50 PM in response to Donshatheneurogirl

Ah, looks like it's being brought to the forefront partially.

I think I'd delete these 2 files & restart...

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist

~ tilde indicates  your home folder

Apple hid the Users' Library folders...

Method 1:

1. From the Finder, select the Go menu at top of the screen, and choose Go to Folder.
  2. In the window that opens, enter ~/Library/Preferences, and click Go.

Aug 17, 2022 5:20 PM in response to BDAqua

Hello friend! I know I'm late in replying, but I tried the first option for a few weeks and the issue still occurred. I have moved on to options 2-3 and did a little adjusting to all options to see if the issue gets resolved. Fingers crossed. This is really frustrating since I work 100% from home now and host allot meetings/presentations via ZOOM calls.

Desktop Showing through documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.