You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Foster daughters under age 13 leaving our home... How to handle family sharing / apple-ids

We have two foster daughters both under age 13 who are likely moving to a new home. While here we bought each of them an iPod that we anticipate they'll be taking with them. The kids have been on our Apple / iCloud / Family share for nearly a year now, and I'm looking for advice on how to handle this situation if the next home is unable or unwilling to transfer the children's Apple-Id. As I understand it, that would only leave me with the option of deleting their Apple-Ids, but I would really hate for the kids to lose all their apps / games / everything else. We can't be the first people to run into this. Any advice?

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 9:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 9:11 AM

Children can only be transferred to new family groups. The only other option is to delete the Apple ID.

Similar questions

1 reply

Foster daughters under age 13 leaving our home... How to handle family sharing / apple-ids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.