You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Presenter notes on MacBook - presentation through projector

Does anyone know how to set up a Keynote presentation so I can read the notes on my MacBook and display the presentation through a projector? I can only get the notes mirrored on the projector.

Thanks

Mac Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 7:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 8:08 AM

1. Connect a second display to the Mac, power it on and have the input selected for the Mac
  2. go to: Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement:   deselect mirror option
  3. in Keynote go to: Keynote > Preferences > Slideshow: select the option for;   Enable Presenter Display
  4. When in Play , if presenter display is on the wrong display, press the X key on the keyboard

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2022 8:08 AM in response to drstir

1. Connect a second display to the Mac, power it on and have the input selected for the Mac
  2. go to: Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement:   deselect mirror option
  3. in Keynote go to: Keynote > Preferences > Slideshow: select the option for;   Enable Presenter Display
  4. When in Play , if presenter display is on the wrong display, press the X key on the keyboard

Aug 5, 2022 4:43 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks again Gary. I did manage too get things working by following your excellent advice. I'm just wondering whether I needed to connect the second monitor before going through the set up. Could I have simply connected the projector and it would have shown up in system prefs> displays? (I ran out of time so wasn't able to check.)

Presenter notes on MacBook - presentation through projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.