You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard not working

Brand new MacBook Air keyboard not working at startup. Attempting to enter WiFi password to continue with set up. No keys are currently functioning.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 8:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 9:05 PM

msmithh2233 Said:

"Keyboard not working: Brand new MacBook Air keyboard not working at startup. Attempting to enter WiFi password to continue with set up. No keys are currently functioning."

-------

Please Clarify your Device:

What's your device? I see you've posted this in the MacBook Air forums, yet the device you've provided is an iPhone XR.

-------

Troubleshooting Keyboards:

A. Enable Bluetooth:

Be certain that Bluetooth is enabled, when trying to connects (if a bluetooth keyboard)

B. Restart the Device:

Try restarting the device.

C. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Only Macs): Sometimes changes (i.e. formats) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. keyboard) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAMor PRAM. Then, try connecting once more. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Use these Links:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2022 9:05 PM in response to msmithh2233

msmithh2233 Said:

"Keyboard not working: Brand new MacBook Air keyboard not working at startup. Attempting to enter WiFi password to continue with set up. No keys are currently functioning."

-------

Please Clarify your Device:

What's your device? I see you've posted this in the MacBook Air forums, yet the device you've provided is an iPhone XR.

-------

Troubleshooting Keyboards:

A. Enable Bluetooth:

Be certain that Bluetooth is enabled, when trying to connects (if a bluetooth keyboard)

B. Restart the Device:

Try restarting the device.

C. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Only Macs): Sometimes changes (i.e. formats) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. keyboard) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAMor PRAM. Then, try connecting once more. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Use these Links:

Keyboard not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.