You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware on iPhone?

So a friend of me was thinking of something funny. And he knows I’m paranoid of malware and virussen. So he searched h-anime on my iphone and he went to images. Like the search images. Then he tapped on an image to make ik bigger. Like foto below (Apple logo) foto 1 is what I mean with just images results and foto 2 is what I mean with making it bigger.

So the photo he clicked on to make it bigger came from an website. (Website name was just the h-anime word with -img.com) So out of panic I scanned the website with virustotal, Google transparency report and couple more. Totalvirus I trust little more then the rest. So every scanner I used said no malware or the website is safe. But in virustotal there was 1 out of the 88 that said the website is malicious. (Virustotal uses 88 Malware programs and scanners to scan the website you give in) So now I’m paranoid. I scanned my device with the bitdefender app (but i have free version). I have the link of the virustotal result and screenshot to if it can help. But could my iphone have malware or virus. I did not go on the website it only preview and copy link. (Because i can’t copy link without preview) So like in foto 2 I just copy link the Wikipedia and then I closed it. (In my case was het the h-anime website)

So could I have malware on my iphone? I have done all updates for IOS and my iphone is not jailbroken. And I did not go to the website. It was just like photo 2. (That is how far my friend went).

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 11:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 2:47 AM

You're totally fine. iPhones can not get malware from simply seeing a link. If you have not downloaded anything from said site, you're totally fine.

Also: 1 out of 88. There is a good chance this is a mismatch on virus total

Similar questions

4 replies

Malware on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.