You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I find my photo library in time machine

How do I find my photo library from time machine?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 11:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 9:30 AM

Go to you existing Photos library on your boot drive and then enter Time Machine. Go back in time to the one you want to restore. If you don't want to overwrite your current library Control (right) - click on the library in Time Machine and select "Restore Library XXX to…" and then select a different folder to restore the library to. You will need to have enough free space on your boot drive to hold the restored library.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2022 9:30 AM in response to 73TR6GUY

Go to you existing Photos library on your boot drive and then enter Time Machine. Go back in time to the one you want to restore. If you don't want to overwrite your current library Control (right) - click on the library in Time Machine and select "Restore Library XXX to…" and then select a different folder to restore the library to. You will need to have enough free space on your boot drive to hold the restored library.

how do I find my photo library in time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.