You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Care

My daughter is giving me her ipad. Will it keep the warranty? Can I add apple care once it is in my name?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 8:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 8:37 AM

The warranty is linked to the serial number and transferring the device from her to you won't cancel the warranty.

You can check the warranty in the following ways:

Use an internet browser and go to: mysupport.apple.com

or checkcoverage.apple.com

More information in Find information about your warranty or AppleCare plan - Apple Support

Also:

On an iPhone or iPad: Settings > General > About > Coverage

AppleCare cannot be added to a device after it is 60 days old.

Also, not related to warranty or AppleCare but the following has information that may help your daughter clear her information from the iPad: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2022 8:37 AM in response to remontano

The warranty is linked to the serial number and transferring the device from her to you won't cancel the warranty.

You can check the warranty in the following ways:

Use an internet browser and go to: mysupport.apple.com

or checkcoverage.apple.com

More information in Find information about your warranty or AppleCare plan - Apple Support

Also:

On an iPhone or iPad: Settings > General > About > Coverage

AppleCare cannot be added to a device after it is 60 days old.

Also, not related to warranty or AppleCare but the following has information that may help your daughter clear her information from the iPad: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apple Care

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.