You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access a deceased loved one Apple ID?

i recently got a phone of a loved one who passed away from a family member but icant get the apple id off of it because we dont know the password for it and the number for the apple id is nolonger in used how can i go about getting this off i tried everything and even called apple support they took me thru a process on how to recovery the apple id password for it and we did that and now i cant use the phone thats in my name with my phone how can i put my new apple id in a phone when i cant get the old apple id out .

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 1:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 1:38 AM

Sorry for the loss.

See -> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

3 replies

Aug 6, 2022 2:15 AM in response to Raicya

i only have a death cerficate and his obituary nothing else and the email addy for my fathers apple id is my brothers email account he didn't have a will or anything and we never went to court to because he passed away in a nursing home and his stuff got pick up by a family member and my brother gave me the phone after they paid it off what else can i send besides a death certifate so i can get this straight out .

How do I access a deceased loved one Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.