You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup downloads folder to icloud

My default downloads folder resides in my Mac. I want to back it up to Icloud account automatically so that I can access those files from my iPad and iPhone. How do I do that?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 5:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 7:49 AM

The default download folder is inbuilt with Mac , whatever files inside will remain inside it , neither that download folder can be backed up with iCloud .

However you can select and copy and then paste Mac keyboard shortcuts - Apple Support those files in finder > iCloud Drive > Documents , those files will sync with iPhone / iPad when they are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network Keep your files up to date and share them with iCloud Drive - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 8, 2022 7:49 AM in response to hkmehta

The default download folder is inbuilt with Mac , whatever files inside will remain inside it , neither that download folder can be backed up with iCloud .

However you can select and copy and then paste Mac keyboard shortcuts - Apple Support those files in finder > iCloud Drive > Documents , those files will sync with iPhone / iPad when they are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network Keep your files up to date and share them with iCloud Drive - Apple Support

backup downloads folder to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.