You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad keeps asking for my friend's iPhone passcode

Recently I lost my iPad and tried finding it through Find Device on my friend's iPhone browser. I did got the iPad back but, now when i login it keeps asking for my friend's iPhone pass code as an additional protection. I checked my account settings too but there wasn't any other device listed or additional protection. Now i can't ask him for his pass code, just seems too much to me.

Please help me in this as I'm unable to login into MY OWN DEVICE.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 12:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 1:21 PM

Is your device on Activation Lock? If so, you should only need your Apple ID and password to remove it.

If your device isn't on Activation Lock, you just need to put in your device password. Perhaps you could provide a screenshot? Please remember to redact any personal information.

1 reply

My iPad keeps asking for my friend's iPhone passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.