You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac camera

I purchased a used iMac running High Sierra. FaceTime does not show my picture and Photo Booth does not show a picture from the camera. Photo Booth also does not show up at the bottom of the screen.

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 12:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 12:46 PM

I agree with Mal-S. You should follow the steps in the article linked, but if you follow those steps and the camera still won't work, try resetting the SMC of your iMac. It's easy- just shut down your iMac, then unplug the power cord. Wait 15 seconds, then plug the power cord back in. Then, wait 5 more seconds, then press the power button to turn on your Mac.

Beyond that, it's probably a hardware issue, then. You should take it in for service - Find Locations - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 8, 2022 12:46 PM in response to whippletree13

I agree with Mal-S. You should follow the steps in the article linked, but if you follow those steps and the camera still won't work, try resetting the SMC of your iMac. It's easy- just shut down your iMac, then unplug the power cord. Wait 15 seconds, then plug the power cord back in. Then, wait 5 more seconds, then press the power button to turn on your Mac.

Beyond that, it's probably a hardware issue, then. You should take it in for service - Find Locations - Apple

iMac camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.