You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what printer will work with the MacBook Air M2?

I upgraded from a early 2015 MacBook Air that I send print jobs to an Epson NX430 using a USB connection. The other day I bought the new M2 MacBook Air. It won't print on the NX430 - but I can scan using the NX430.

Am I out of hope and must buy a new printer? The Apple Store lists only one printer, an HP Tango X. Will it work with the M2 MacBook Air?

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 12:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 2:19 PM

Hi,

The Epson Stylus NX430 is listed as a supported AirPrint model in About AirPrint - Apple Support. An AirPrint printer is compatible with macOS, and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer(s) are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

If you are using a USB connection, drivers will be needed.

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/Epson-Stylus-Series/Epson-Stylus-NX430/s/SPT_C11CB22201?review-filter=macOS+12.x

Drivers can in some cases differ from region to region.

So, if USB is not working properly, you may want to try AirPrint instead.

If necessary, reset the printing system and re-add the printer.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 8, 2022 2:19 PM in response to notlimey

Hi,

The Epson Stylus NX430 is listed as a supported AirPrint model in About AirPrint - Apple Support. An AirPrint printer is compatible with macOS, and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer(s) are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

If you are using a USB connection, drivers will be needed.

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/Epson-Stylus-Series/Epson-Stylus-NX430/s/SPT_C11CB22201?review-filter=macOS+12.x

Drivers can in some cases differ from region to region.

So, if USB is not working properly, you may want to try AirPrint instead.

If necessary, reset the printing system and re-add the printer.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

what printer will work with the MacBook Air M2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.