You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New version of the Iphone unable to install

Hi,

I am new to this forum, thank you for your welcome.

I have installed Itunes for Windows 64 bit Version 12.10.11.2. When I chekc for updates Itunes says that the software is up to date. He ask me if i want to install the latest version (15.6) of IOS for my Iphone. I says Yes but then a message appear saying that I have to install the latest version of Itunes. Where to find the latest version of Itunes ?

Best regards.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 1:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 4:34 AM

iTunes 12.10.11.2 is the last version of iTunes that will work on a Windows 7 (or Windows 8) computer. Apple's message is not clear enough; it should explicitly mention that it's the last version for your version of Windows rather than telling you that "it's up to date".

iOS 15 requires the latest version of iTunes that cannot be installed on a Windows 7 machine. Be aware that if you find an alternative method to update your phone to iOS 15, you will not be able to use it with your current iTunes.

Perhaps it's time to consider updating to a Windows 10 machine. If you're really lucky, you might find that you can install Windows 10 on your existing computer. I was not able to and had to buy a new computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2022 4:34 AM in response to chipniz

iTunes 12.10.11.2 is the last version of iTunes that will work on a Windows 7 (or Windows 8) computer. Apple's message is not clear enough; it should explicitly mention that it's the last version for your version of Windows rather than telling you that "it's up to date".

iOS 15 requires the latest version of iTunes that cannot be installed on a Windows 7 machine. Be aware that if you find an alternative method to update your phone to iOS 15, you will not be able to use it with your current iTunes.

Perhaps it's time to consider updating to a Windows 10 machine. If you're really lucky, you might find that you can install Windows 10 on your existing computer. I was not able to and had to buy a new computer.

New version of the Iphone unable to install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.