You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different internet speed Mac vs. mobile

Why is the internet speed, on wifi, on my Macbook Air 350Mbps but only 25Mbps on my iPad Pro and iPhone? Is that normal? Doesn't seem normal.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 7:15 AM

Yes, but I think I figured out the problem. My Macbook was no the 5G network and the mobile devices were on the slower one. When I put them on the 5G network, I got my speed back. We had had an outage that reduced the download to less than 1 megabit, so everything had to be rebooted anyway.

Thanks for responding.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2022 7:15 AM in response to -Bubba-

Yes, but I think I figured out the problem. My Macbook was no the 5G network and the mobile devices were on the slower one. When I put them on the 5G network, I got my speed back. We had had an outage that reduced the download to less than 1 megabit, so everything had to be rebooted anyway.

Thanks for responding.

Different internet speed Mac vs. mobile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.