You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone safety: quieter options available? does this apply to Bluetooth devices?

Apple feature improvement request and community question:

I love the idea of headphone safety. However the minimum setting of 75db is too loud for me by a long shot. I sometimes wonder if it's even working.

although not identified as an accessibility feature, it really is. think about people who have PTSD.

There are situations where having a quiet listening experience without sudden loud noises is not only preferred, but absolutely required. A secondary benefit is for those who like a quiet experience.

does this work on Bluetooth headphones? non-Air pods?

I would love to see an existing feature "headphone safety" be improved to include lower sound options in addition to the 75-100db Options. and I can tell you, 60db, 65db and 70db is not enough. keep in mind the headphone is attached to your ear 0 feet, not 5 feet away like a "vacuum cleaner" As identified as the example for a 75db experience. this is why values far lower than 75 dB is needed.

thank you for your time. I would prefer this to be Apple systemwide. If anyone knows a third-party

option, I would use it until Apple has an option.

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 10:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 10:48 AM

You can let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

4 replies

Headphone safety: quieter options available? does this apply to Bluetooth devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.