You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I hide movies on my iPad. I purchased a movies that was graphic and violent and want the reference removed from my iPad.

How do I hide movies on my iPad? I purchased a movie that was graphic and violent (didn't realize this when I bought it) and want the reference removed from my iPad. Other family members may watch movies on my iPad. (I can't be the only one with this issue...) Thanks!

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 3:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 3:22 AM

See >>> Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

While you can hide the purchased content from view, you cannot completely remove record of the purchase from your AppleID account.

Perhaps consider that unlike other computers with which you may be familiar - that support multiple user profiles - other than within “managed” educational environments, iOS/iPadOS devices are essentially single-user devices that are not intended to be shared. Where an AppleID or single-user device is shared between Users, all data and sensitive information (such as browsing and purchase history) will be visible to all sharers.

If you need to keep personal or sensitive information away from visibility of others, you will need to use separate devices. You can still selectively share material, but potentially sensitive information (such as Password and “accidental” purchase history) will remain out-of-sight.

These resources may be helpful:

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

https://www.imore.com/how-set-up-family-sharing-iphone-ipad

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 11, 2022 3:22 AM in response to rawr257

See >>> Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

While you can hide the purchased content from view, you cannot completely remove record of the purchase from your AppleID account.

Perhaps consider that unlike other computers with which you may be familiar - that support multiple user profiles - other than within “managed” educational environments, iOS/iPadOS devices are essentially single-user devices that are not intended to be shared. Where an AppleID or single-user device is shared between Users, all data and sensitive information (such as browsing and purchase history) will be visible to all sharers.

If you need to keep personal or sensitive information away from visibility of others, you will need to use separate devices. You can still selectively share material, but potentially sensitive information (such as Password and “accidental” purchase history) will remain out-of-sight.

These resources may be helpful:

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

https://www.imore.com/how-set-up-family-sharing-iphone-ipad

How do I hide movies on my iPad. I purchased a movies that was graphic and violent and want the reference removed from my iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.