You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have recently started living in two countries (homes), spending 1/2yr in each. I need apps from both countries.

Is there some simple workaround that doesn't involve switching countries 2x yr and losing subscriptions etc several times a year? Apple - its crazy that non-media (ie no copyright infringement) apps are restricted from iOS users that frequently travel, or have multiple homes.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 7:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 10:59 PM

Create a separate Apple ID for each country.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.5; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.7; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.6; HomePods, audioOS 15.5.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 12, 2022 2:33 PM in response to domg22

domg22 wrote:

Is there some simple workaround that doesn't involve switching countries 2x yr and losing subscriptions etc several times a year? Apple - its crazy that non-media (ie no copyright infringement) apps are restricted from iOS users that frequently travel, or have multiple homes.

Apps are copyrighted as well. Also, some apps are not allowed in certain countries due to local laws.

Aug 14, 2022 2:55 AM in response to Dah•veed

Hi, many thanks for that suggestions. So, I have created a second Apple ID with a different country set. That works great for downloading local apps that I need. However, I now can’t access my previous iCloud email, which is my primary contact email. Is there some way to have that linked into my second Apple ID? Or is the case that I just download the necessary apps with my second Apple ID and then switch back to my first Apple ID to continue accessing my primary iCloud email?

I have recently started living in two countries (homes), spending 1/2yr in each. I need apps from both countries.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.