You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messaging

I sent a message to someone, but it didnt go through so i sent it as a Text Message, but now whenever i text the person it is still green but messages through others is blue. How can i get it back to blue messages?

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 1:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 1:53 PM

One or more of the following may apply-

• The person you sent the message to doesn't have an Apple device.
  • iMessage is turned off on your device or on your recipient’s device. To check if iMessage is turned on for your device, go to Settings > Messages > iMessage.
  • iMessage is temporarily unavailable on your device or on your recipient’s device (weak signal, perhaps).

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 11, 2022 1:53 PM in response to hello_321

One or more of the following may apply-

• The person you sent the message to doesn't have an Apple device.
  • iMessage is turned off on your device or on your recipient’s device. To check if iMessage is turned on for your device, go to Settings > Messages > iMessage.
  • iMessage is temporarily unavailable on your device or on your recipient’s device (weak signal, perhaps).

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Aug 11, 2022 1:53 PM in response to hello_321

hello_321 wrote:

I sent a message to someone, but it didnt go through so i sent it as a Text Message, but now whenever i text the person it is still green but messages through others is blue. How can i get it back to blue messages?

You get it back whenever said person turn imessage on their phone or they are connected to a strong wifi/cellular connection. The issue is not on your end, so nothing for you to do.

Messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.