You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i upgraded to 200GB iCloud storage but I not able to place my photos in the iCloud

my system is macOS Catalina, I have 100GB free space in iCloud but unable to store my photos in the cloud

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 6:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 8:53 PM

Are you getting any error message? if yes, what is the error message? What is happening when you try?

You cannot store a Photos Library in iCloud. You have to keep the Photos Library

Photos local on you Mac and let iPhotos sync the Photos from your library to iCloud. Also, the upgrade to Catalina has changed the support for some older legacy video and image formats. Not all your older videos and photos may be compatible with iCloud. You may want to check the codecs of your media files.

How large is your Photos Library? The upload of 100 GB of Photos may take several days.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 13, 2022 8:53 PM in response to Mike2523ln

Are you getting any error message? if yes, what is the error message? What is happening when you try?

You cannot store a Photos Library in iCloud. You have to keep the Photos Library

Photos local on you Mac and let iPhotos sync the Photos from your library to iCloud. Also, the upgrade to Catalina has changed the support for some older legacy video and image formats. Not all your older videos and photos may be compatible with iCloud. You may want to check the codecs of your media files.

How large is your Photos Library? The upload of 100 GB of Photos may take several days.

Aug 13, 2022 9:07 PM in response to Mike2523ln

Mike2523ln Said:

"i upgraded to 200GB iCloud storage but I not able to place my photos in the iCloud"

-------

Troubleshooting iCloud Photos Uploads:

First, Enable Photos on Mac:

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Apple ID (on top-right)
  3. Select: Music (by giving it a check mark)

then...

Wait it Out:

If there are thousands of photos, then it will take some time. So, wait it out, staying connected to the internet.

Aug 13, 2022 5:58 PM in response to Mike2523ln

In Photos/Preferences/iCloud is iCloud Photos checked?

Try going to System Preferences/Apple ID/iCloud and stop Photos syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then signing back in?

i upgraded to 200GB iCloud storage but I not able to place my photos in the iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.