You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown "Wireless Client" Using my My Airport Extreme WiFi

I have been using an Airport Extreme for several years for my home WiFi. I have not been in the habit of ckecking it out with the Airport Utility very often as it appears to work flawlessly. However when I opened Airport utility today I founfd under "Wireless Clients" a device listed as "Android.local" in addition to my several identifiable Apple devices. I have no Android device. Could this mean someone has managed to find my WiFi password and log-in? If so does this constitute a threat to my overall network devices including desktop Mac, iPad. and a couple iPhones? ...or possibly some even larger unknown threat? Should I change the WiFi Password?

Thanks in advance...

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 11:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 3:25 PM

It is extremely unlikely that someone could guess your Wi-Fi network password if it is a random phrase of letters and numbers.

It's easy to forget about other Wi-Fi devices that might have been added to the network. Could be a TV, Security Camera, Garage Door Opener, Home Theater Controller, Printer, another tablet, refrigerator, microwave, and the list goes on.

You can certainly change the Wi-Fi network password if you are concerned. When something you have not thought about stops working, you will know what the "mystery" device was.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 13, 2022 3:25 PM in response to samson16

It is extremely unlikely that someone could guess your Wi-Fi network password if it is a random phrase of letters and numbers.

It's easy to forget about other Wi-Fi devices that might have been added to the network. Could be a TV, Security Camera, Garage Door Opener, Home Theater Controller, Printer, another tablet, refrigerator, microwave, and the list goes on.

You can certainly change the Wi-Fi network password if you are concerned. When something you have not thought about stops working, you will know what the "mystery" device was.

Unknown "Wireless Client" Using my My Airport Extreme WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.