You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ via web browser / PC does not recognise Family Sharing Subscription

This question has been raised previously, and it was not resolved.

There appears to be a problem with the Family sharing subscription service limiting the ability to have access to Apple TV+ content using the web browser on my PC. Currently I am able to use my iPhone to access movies on the Apple TV+ app with my family sharing subscription. However, by using the web browser it does not appear to recognise that I am part of a family subscription and that I do have access. So it prompts me to start a new subscription. Is there a way to resolve this?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 12:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 3:22 PM

Read Watch in a web browser - Apple Support

It says, "On a Windows PC (including Microsoft Surface), Chrome OS device, or Android device, you can watch Apple TV+ in the Chrome and Firefox web browsers."

Are you trying to watch it using one of those browsers ?

Apple makes no mention either way about using a Family Sharing subscription with a Windows interface so it is hard to know where to start. If the above article does not resolve the issue then contact Apple and post back here if you have a solution!

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 13, 2022 3:22 PM in response to bluedog001

Read Watch in a web browser - Apple Support

It says, "On a Windows PC (including Microsoft Surface), Chrome OS device, or Android device, you can watch Apple TV+ in the Chrome and Firefox web browsers."

Are you trying to watch it using one of those browsers ?

Apple makes no mention either way about using a Family Sharing subscription with a Windows interface so it is hard to know where to start. If the above article does not resolve the issue then contact Apple and post back here if you have a solution!

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Apple TV+ via web browser / PC does not recognise Family Sharing Subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.