You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather widget gone after osx 11.6.8 update

It took me 5 attempts, over the course of 6 hours, to get the latest osx 11.6.8 Big Sur update today to download and install on my MBA. My MBA has the 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, with 58.44GB still available (after the update) on the 121GB Flash drive unused (my MBA is not my primary Mac, just the one I travel with). So memory/storage wasn't an issue. Yet, after the update finally finished installing (which, btw, took over 2 hours to complete, even with no other devices using the wifi this morning at my house 😫) I now find the Weather widget has disappeared. It's not in my Applications or Utilities folder either.  Any idea if that was intentional? Do I now have to go to the Apple Store to download it again, and maybe pay for it, or should I just get some other weather widget? If I get a different one, what do you recommend?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 11:43 AM

3 replies

Weather widget gone after osx 11.6.8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.