You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can use apple ID password on Safari and Apple Support but not from firefox,

I can sign in to iCloud from Safari and Apple Support from Firefox but not into iCloud from Firefox with Apple ID nor into Apple TV via Google on new Sony Smart TV. Am repeatedly asked to create new Apple ID password. Why does password work in some places and not others? Thanks, BTW, current password has six numerals, five letters and one upper case letter. Shouldn't that meet criteria?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 12:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 1:30 PM

I just tried logging into iCloud.com with Firefox and had the same problem. I fixed the sign in problem by pasting my Apple ID password in the password box instead of using the keychain to fill the password.

3 replies

Aug 15, 2022 2:03 PM in response to Eric Root

A good suggestion but I have tried that and received the same result...a demand that I do a new password. And when I was trying to respond to you I tried pasting and got the demand. BUT THEN, after something didn't seem like it got sent to you just now I tried to sign in again and pasted the password and got into my Support account. The situation is fluid...sometimes the password works and sometimes it does not. What I do not want to do is change the password. Leads to much unnecessary work. Thank you again. Regards, Lyman

Can use apple ID password on Safari and Apple Support but not from firefox,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.