You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacMail filter chioces are greyed out

I just updated my OS to Monterey and now my Mac Mail looks different and I am unable to change the "Filter" preferences to filter for my flagged messages. When I go to View -> Filter I can only choose "Enable Message Filter" but the choices to decide what I am using for my filter are greyed out.

Any ideas? I really loved this feature.

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 3:48 PM

3 replies

Aug 15, 2022 6:23 PM in response to MMGGRR

MMGGRR wrote:

I just updated my OS to Monterey and now my Mac Mail looks different and I am unable to change the "Filter" preferences to filter for my flagged messages. When I go to View -> Filter I can only choose "Enable Message Filter" but the choices to decide what I am using for my filter are greyed out.
Any ideas? I really loved this feature.

Try Control click on Filter

There may well be a bug here—

you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

You can always sort by flags

or use the Mail>Help menu "filter" and see if it gets you any closer.

The subtleties are always changing....

Filter emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

MacMail filter chioces are greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.