You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad OS15 how to increase space around icons?

The OS15 update squished all my icons together. I know how to increase size of icons, I know how to rearrange icons. But how can I specify fewer icons on a page to increase the space around them? The grid of the iPad homepage is so cram-jammed.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 1:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 1:40 AM

The Home screen App, App folder and Widgets occupy a fixed grid - the number of columns and rows being fixed for any particular model of iPad.

By example, the Home Screens of an iPad Pro with iPadOS15 installed will show a 6 column by 5 row grid without widgets - or 6x4 with widgets. This grid arrangement is otherwise not configurable.

Apple do invite submission of comments or feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Product Feedback - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2022 1:40 AM in response to galechicago

The Home screen App, App folder and Widgets occupy a fixed grid - the number of columns and rows being fixed for any particular model of iPad.

By example, the Home Screens of an iPad Pro with iPadOS15 installed will show a 6 column by 5 row grid without widgets - or 6x4 with widgets. This grid arrangement is otherwise not configurable.

Apple do invite submission of comments or feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Product Feedback - Apple

Aug 16, 2022 2:43 AM in response to galechicago

While I can perhaps understand your frustration at having a fixed grid array, of itself, this isn’t new - but has always been a feature of iOS/iPadOS. What is new in iPadOS15.x is the ability to place widgets on the Home Screens - as opposed to being restricted to just the Today view.

As for being cramped or “over populated”, I have the opposite view. When using standard (non-zoomed) Home Screen icons with an iPad Pro, there is simply too much wasted space between icons. Personally, I’d prefer to see a greater icon density - not less! 🙂

iPad OS15 how to increase space around icons?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.