You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove or disable Voice Control on my iPhone 8 Plus

How do I remove or disable Voice Control on my iPhone 8 Plus - I have new Hearing Aids and Voice Control it keeps making random calls.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 10:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 11:29 AM

You can turn in Off based on Related Article -> Turn off Classic Voice Control on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

⤵️

On an iPhone X or later, you can prevent Classic Voice Control or Siri from responding when you press and hold the Side button on your device. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, you can prevent Classic Voice Control or Siri from responding when you press and hold the Home button on your device. 

Follow these steps:

1. On an iPhone X or later, go to Settings > Accessibility, then tap Side Button. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, go to Settings > Accessibility, then tap Home Button.
  2. Under Press and Hold to Speak, select one of these options:
    • Siri: Siri will respond when you press and hold the Home button.
    • Classic Voice Control: Classic Voice Control will respond when you press and hold the Home button. This will also turn off Siri.
    • Off: There will be no response when you press and hold the Home button.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2022 11:29 AM in response to uber-1

You can turn in Off based on Related Article -> Turn off Classic Voice Control on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

⤵️

On an iPhone X or later, you can prevent Classic Voice Control or Siri from responding when you press and hold the Side button on your device. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, you can prevent Classic Voice Control or Siri from responding when you press and hold the Home button on your device. 

Follow these steps:

1. On an iPhone X or later, go to Settings > Accessibility, then tap Side Button. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, go to Settings > Accessibility, then tap Home Button.
  2. Under Press and Hold to Speak, select one of these options:
    • Siri: Siri will respond when you press and hold the Home button.
    • Classic Voice Control: Classic Voice Control will respond when you press and hold the Home button. This will also turn off Siri.
    • Off: There will be no response when you press and hold the Home button.

How do I remove or disable Voice Control on my iPhone 8 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.