You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I shut off the "Confirm Mac Password To continue using iCloud, confirm your new Mac Password"

How do I shut off the "Confirm Mac Password To continue using iCloud, confirm your new Mac Password" Notifications.

I don't use iCloud.

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 7:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 11:54 AM

Have you tried rebooting the Mac? Sometimes the easiest way to find the problem with AppleID and iCloud is by rebooting since when you log in you will be prompted to log into the AppleID or iCloud account if something happened to kick you out.

If you are using Messages on the Mac, then it may be tied to iCloud since there is a Messages/iMessages preference to allow syncing of text messages between your iPhone/iPad and Mac.

On a Mac you can go to System Preferences and click on the AppleID icon to access and administer your AppleID on that Mac.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2022 11:54 AM in response to daniel1313

Have you tried rebooting the Mac? Sometimes the easiest way to find the problem with AppleID and iCloud is by rebooting since when you log in you will be prompted to log into the AppleID or iCloud account if something happened to kick you out.

If you are using Messages on the Mac, then it may be tied to iCloud since there is a Messages/iMessages preference to allow syncing of text messages between your iPhone/iPad and Mac.

On a Mac you can go to System Preferences and click on the AppleID icon to access and administer your AppleID on that Mac.

How do I shut off the "Confirm Mac Password To continue using iCloud, confirm your new Mac Password"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.