You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon Pixma MG7120 Scanner Not Recognized On MacOS Monterey

Canon Pixma MG7120 Scanner Not Recognized On MacOS Monterey. There does not appear to be any recent firmware available. Is this a Canon problem/issue? Anyone have a solution?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 12:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 1:08 PM

The Pixma MG7120 device is supported by the built-in Apple AirPrint support when networked as wired or wireless. No Canon drivers are necessary. Scanning functionality should be available via Apple's Image Capture utility.

You would configure your device for network, power it on and if already in the Printers section of the System Preference Printers & Scanners panel, re-add it by selecting that Printers entry and clicking [-] to remove it. A new panel will appear showing that your printer has been discovered by Apple's Bonjour service. Click the entry, and the Use: selection will switch to Auto-Select and AirPrint, or default will be shown to confirm AirPrint support. Click Add. Back on the Printers & Scanners panel, there may be additional setup for scanning when you select this device in Printers.

If you cannot get the scanner component to be recognized by Image Capture, you would have have to resort to the optional paid VueScan Professional which does support the scanner without any additional software or drivers. VueScan Professional has a free trial version that should apprise you of its capabilities.

In 2010, I purchased VueScan Professional to support a flatbed scanner that Canon had abandoned, and after 12 years, that scanner still works on macOS Monterey, and I have never paid for a VueScan Professional software update. I also receive no benefits from the vendor for mentioning their application here.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2022 1:08 PM in response to MAFMD

The Pixma MG7120 device is supported by the built-in Apple AirPrint support when networked as wired or wireless. No Canon drivers are necessary. Scanning functionality should be available via Apple's Image Capture utility.

You would configure your device for network, power it on and if already in the Printers section of the System Preference Printers & Scanners panel, re-add it by selecting that Printers entry and clicking [-] to remove it. A new panel will appear showing that your printer has been discovered by Apple's Bonjour service. Click the entry, and the Use: selection will switch to Auto-Select and AirPrint, or default will be shown to confirm AirPrint support. Click Add. Back on the Printers & Scanners panel, there may be additional setup for scanning when you select this device in Printers.

If you cannot get the scanner component to be recognized by Image Capture, you would have have to resort to the optional paid VueScan Professional which does support the scanner without any additional software or drivers. VueScan Professional has a free trial version that should apprise you of its capabilities.

In 2010, I purchased VueScan Professional to support a flatbed scanner that Canon had abandoned, and after 12 years, that scanner still works on macOS Monterey, and I have never paid for a VueScan Professional software update. I also receive no benefits from the vendor for mentioning their application here.

Canon Pixma MG7120 Scanner Not Recognized On MacOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.