You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage

I am temporarily using an android phone while my iphone is being replaced. I am not receiving text messages to the android. I think i have to deregister imessage from my desk top. Will I have to re-register imessage when I receive my new iphone.

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 12:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 1:37 AM

You need to de-register iMessage for now, you can activate iMessage once the iPhone is available for use.

Use an Android device and follow the GIF

Insert the same SIM into an Android . You may deregister iMessage online

Watch the GIF below. Here I have used another iPhone for the demo but for you, it may your choice. Android or iPhone device.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2022 1:37 AM in response to Jpross

You need to de-register iMessage for now, you can activate iMessage once the iPhone is available for use.

Use an Android device and follow the GIF

Insert the same SIM into an Android . You may deregister iMessage online

Watch the GIF below. Here I have used another iPhone for the demo but for you, it may your choice. Android or iPhone device.

imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.