You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time won't sync to parent iphone

Screen time on my daughter's ipad has stopped syncing to my iPhone. It was sending requests to my laptop and to my husband's phone, but not to my phone. I tried turning off screen time and turning it back on, but now it will not sync with the limits that are set on my phone. I turned off screen time for her device on my iPhone, laptop, and on her iPad, then turned them all back on and it won't sync at all. I have updated the devices to the newest OS, with the exception of my laptop, but it's more that the iPad is not connecting to the cloud to sync the Screen Time settings. What can I do to be able to unlock my daughter's apps without needing to be on her iPad?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 1:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 2:18 PM

For years I have used Screen Time as a way to control what my daughter can do on her iPad. She chooses an app to play and sends a request for me to unlock it for 15 minutes, an hour, or all day, or not at all. 2 days ago this feature stopped working and her requests were no longer going to my phone. I would see them on my laptop occasionally and my husband would see them on his iPhone (he is in another country at the moment). However, I was not receiving notifications and the screen time graph wasn't showing me what she had been on. This was working fine until 2-3 days ago. I don't know how to get it working again and it's very frustrating that now I can't even see what she's doing if I look at screentime from my laptop.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2022 2:18 PM in response to Limnos

For years I have used Screen Time as a way to control what my daughter can do on her iPad. She chooses an app to play and sends a request for me to unlock it for 15 minutes, an hour, or all day, or not at all. 2 days ago this feature stopped working and her requests were no longer going to my phone. I would see them on my laptop occasionally and my husband would see them on his iPhone (he is in another country at the moment). However, I was not receiving notifications and the screen time graph wasn't showing me what she had been on. This was working fine until 2-3 days ago. I don't know how to get it working again and it's very frustrating that now I can't even see what she's doing if I look at screentime from my laptop.

Aug 19, 2022 2:10 PM in response to ShareeHebert

I am not clear as to about what you are asking.

Do you mean this? -->

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

For more about parental controls:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Sometimes it helps to have the devices involved take a fresh look at settings:

- Try signing out of accounts and back in again.

- Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

If a problem persists, particularly over several days, try contacting Apple for assistance:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Screen Time won't sync to parent iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.