You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore factory reset

I have accidently deleted my iphone (the device) from find my phone app.

it has factory reset the phone as new phone.

and i don't have back up in itunes or icloud.

would it possible to restore in anyway??

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 12:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 1:29 AM

Turning off Find My on its own should not have wiped the phone, you must have triggered something else .

Anyhow if you have never taken a backup you have no way of restoring the data.

Best scenario is that you never turned off iCloud Backup, which is on by default.

Set up the phone as new and use your Apple ID in the setup. If you have an icloud backup it will be offered to you. If not then any data not already sync'd to a cloud service will be gone.

Your contacts, calendar, Notes, email etc should be safe.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2022 1:29 AM in response to JJKD123

Turning off Find My on its own should not have wiped the phone, you must have triggered something else .

Anyhow if you have never taken a backup you have no way of restoring the data.

Best scenario is that you never turned off iCloud Backup, which is on by default.

Set up the phone as new and use your Apple ID in the setup. If you have an icloud backup it will be offered to you. If not then any data not already sync'd to a cloud service will be gone.

Your contacts, calendar, Notes, email etc should be safe.

Aug 22, 2022 1:03 AM in response to JJKD123

The words you use are a litte confusing

Here are the three actions, Backup, Restore phone to factory settings, and Restore data from a backup

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

restore factory reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.