You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the "Show" pop-up menu at the bottom of the Music window?

I am trying to use Home Sharing to share and import the Music library from one iMac to another iMac. They are both on the same network, in the same house, with the same Apple ID.

Apple says in the help topic document "Import media using Home Sharing in Music on Mac" to "Click the Show pop-up menu at the bottom of the Music window, then choose “Items not in my library.”"

I cannot see "Show" pop-up menu in Music at all. Where is it located?

I have access to the Music library but can't import the songs, only listen to them.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 6:15 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 23, 2022 8:31 AM in response to math185

Hello math185,

Music is usually a protected feature that is linked to the Apple ID that was used to purchase it. Is this content that was purchased through iTunes or streamed via Apple Music, or did you upload it manually from disc or file?

Also, were the devices already set to share their media? Here's more info from Share songs from a shared media library in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Share your library with other computers

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Sharing , then select Media Sharing.
  2. Select “Share media with guests,” then choose Options.
  3. To require users to enter a password before they can see your shared items, select “Require password,” then enter a password.
  4. Select the playlists you want to share, or choose “All songs, movies, and TV shows.”

You can share radio station links and certain audio files (MP3Apple LosslessAIFFWAV, and AAC).

Play items from a shared library

1. In the Music app  on your Mac, click the arrow  next to Library, then choose a shared library.
  2. Move the pointer over any song, then click the Play button .

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Where is the "Show" pop-up menu at the bottom of the Music window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.