You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Ipod touch stuck on 12.5.5

I have been trying my hardest to update my iPod touch to iOS 13 but can someone please tell me a way to update my iPod or tell me if it's not possible

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 6:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 2:38 AM

There's no point in checking the RAM. The maximum amount of RAM in the device is insufficient to run iOS 13 or later. You cannot increase or upgrade it.

It is not possible to put iOS 13 or later onto a 6th generation iPod Touch.

5 replies

Sep 3, 2022 10:26 AM in response to Wolf4256

Hi Wolf4256,

In the event that you're still subscribed to this thread and see this post, note that there is now an update for the 6th generation iPod Touch, to iOS 12.5.6.

It's a security update, so the best recommendation is that you install it as soon as you can. On your device, go into Settings/General/Software Update.

It's been available for a couple of days so by now, everyone (with a 6th gen iPod Touch) should be able to download it (just doing my iPod now).

Why is my Ipod touch stuck on 12.5.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.